- We are registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998.
Collection, use and transfer of your data
- You must register with us if you want to edit the page of a venue which you manage. We may monitor but are not responsible for any information you disclose about yourself on the public areas of this Website, which may be collected and used by others and which may result in you receiving unwanted and unsolicited messages from third parties.
- By registering with us, you agree that we may use the information you provide to us for communication purposes. This will include sending you messages by email. We will not supply third parties with your data for the purposes of marketing. If you wish to opt out of this, please email [email protected]
- Our legal justification for storing and processing your personal data is that we have a “legitimate interest” in doing so, in order to provide you the services offered on this website and by Club Soda in general.
Retention of personal data
- Most of our databases are “live”, i.e. they are in constant use and updated as and when new information arises (including deletion of records that are known to be no longer accurate, or where their deletion has been requested by a customer). These databases are therefore retained indefinitely.
Unsubscribing and deleting your account
- If you wish to unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists or other communications, or you have previously provided us with any other information and decide you do not want us to have it, you can contact us at [email protected]
- If you would like to delete your website user account, please contact us at [email protected] Please note that you will not be able to manage your venue on the website linked to your account if you do delete your account
- A cookie is a small file that is transferred from our site to your device’s hard drive that allows us to recognise and remember you. They are used to improve your browsing experience, and can remember useful information like login details. Cookies cannot be used to personally identify you.
- Broadly cookies fall under four categories:
- Necessary cookies - these are used to ensure that the site delivers your information and services optimally, for example, by not treating you as a new user every time you visit a webpage.
- Performance cookies - these are used to allow us to understand how users interact with our website and analyse our site’s performance, thus allowing us to improve your experience of using our website.
- Targeting cookies - these record your visit to the website, the pages that you visit, and any links you may click.
- Functionality cookies - these improve and enhance your use of the website
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of the Website. These analytic tools collect standard information log and visitor information, and is aggregated so individuals cannot be identified. This information is used to evaluate visitors’ use of our website and compile statistical reports on website activity.
- Cookies used on this website:
- _ga - This counts how many people visit our website, by tracking if you’ve visited before. It expires after two years.
- _gid - This counts how many people visit our website, by tracking if you’ve visited before. It expires after 24 hours.
- _gat - This is used to limit website request rates. It expires after 1 minute.
- You can change your cookie preferences in the settings of your internet browser by selecting which cookies you would like to activate or disable. It is important to know that if you disable some or all cookies, the functionality of the website may be interfered with.